Christmas Cranberry, Maple and Pecan Bread
A moist sweet bread, full of variety.
- 430 g Plain Flour
- 260 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Large Eggs
- 175 ml Sunflower Oil
- 125 ml Whole Milk
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 225 g Drained Pineapple
- 225 g Pecan Nuts
- 225 g Ripe Banana
- 255 g Fresh Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 150c/130Fan/Gas Mark 2.
- Sieve flour into a large bowl, then add sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, whisk in the sunflower oil, milk and maple syrup, fold into dry ingredients.
- Liquidise the pineapple, roughly chop the pecans and mash the banana, add to the mix. Gently fold in, adding the cranberries last.
- Grease and flour two 2lb loaf tins, lining the bottom with baking parchment. Divide the mixture between the 2 tins.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, check to make sure the bread is fully cooked, once ready, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 mins in the tins before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack.