Easy Almond Macaroon
A soft chewy biscuit reminiscent of childhood Christmas.
- 30 g Ground Rice or Semolina
- 115 g Ground Almonds
- 2 Egg Whites
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 8 Blanched Almonds, halved to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to 150c Fan/130C/Gas Mark 2. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Put the egg whites into a bowl, dip in the blanched almonds and put to the side.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gently fold in the ground almonds, sugar and ground rice or semolina.
- Spoon the mixture in teaspoonfuls onto the lined baking sheets and smooth out with the back of a spoon to form circles. Place an almond half in the centre of each.
- Leave to cool on the trays for a few moments, then lift off and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.