Easy Chicken Chilli Con Carne
Perfect for sharing with family and friends.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 2 Mixed Peppers, Sliced
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Small Bunch of Coriander, stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1-2 tsp Chipotle Paste
- 400 g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 330 ml Chicken Stock
- 4 Chicken Fillets
- 2 x 400g Can Mixed Beans
- Heat the oil in a non-stick casserole dish over a medium heat. Fry off the onions and peppers until softened.
- Add the garlic, coriander, chipotle paste and cumin to the vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and chicken stock to the mixture.
- Place the chicken fillets into the mixture, then reduce the heat to a low heat and simmer (covered) for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the dish, using two forks pull the chicken apart into shreds.
- Once the chicken is shredded add back into the dish, with the mixed beans and red wine vinegar. Stir well and turn up the heat to simmered uncovered for 12 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir through when cooked and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chilli with our easy flatbreads (see recipe) and Glenilen Farm Natural Yoghurt, tortilla chips and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.