Easy Pancakes for Kids
Val has perfected this recipe on the farm with yoghurt giving them a light texture. They are the perfect lazy Sunday treat for the family. Keep them simple with a dollop of vanilla yoghurt and fresh fruit. Can be served in a school lunch box.
- 120 g Plain Flour
- 110 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- 200 ml milk
- 1 Apple, stewed
- 180 g Glenilen Farm Vanilla Kids Live Yogi or Glenilen Farm Vanilla Kefir or Glenilen Farm Natural Yoghurt
- Sieve all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg, syrup, milk and melted butter and mix well.
- Place a spoon of the mixture on a medium heat pan, allow to cook for 1 minute and place teaspoon of the stewed apple in the centre of the cooking drop scone.
- Carefully cover up the stewed apple with a little more of the drop scone mixture.
- Serve with a dollop of Vanilla Kids Live Yoghurt or our Natural Yoghurt.
- TIP - Use a large biscuit cutter on the pan and pour in the mixture to keep the shape of the scones.