Lentil and Sweet Potato Curry
A delicious aromatic curry to enjoy with family and friends
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 500 ml Vegetable Stocks
- 400 g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 400 g Tin of Chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 100 g Red Lentils
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- Glenilen Farm Natural Yoghurt and Naan Bread to Serve
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable orolive oil in a large pan, add the red onion and cook until soft
- Add mustard seeds, medium curry powder and cook for 2 min more, then stir in the red lentils, sweetpotatoes, vegetable stock and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins. After 20 minutes add a drained 400g can of chickpeas, simmer for a further 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir in the lardons, tomatoes, courgette and pepper, and roast for 30 mins more. until the tomatoes have softened and the chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, and fresh coriander. Serve with Glenilen Farm Natural Yogurt and our flatbread recipe.