Mixed Berry Compote
A deliciously fruity berry compote, pair with our natural yoghurt or add a dollop to your porridge
- 500 g Frozen Mixed Berries (strawberries, cranberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, raspberrries etc)
- 85 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2-3 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 200 g Glenilen Farm Natural Yoghurt or Glenilen Farm Natural Kefir (to serve)
- Tip all the frozen fruits into a large pan with 2-3 tbsp water,sugar to taste and your mint leaves.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 3-5 mins. Don't overcook, or the fruits will not hold their shape and go mushy.
- Once cooled place int an old jam jar for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months (ensure the container is freezer proof)