Roasted Vegetable Soup
Sure to keep you warm from the inside out.
- 1 Onion (Red or White), cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Good Sized Parsnips
- 1 Small Potato
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Ras el Hanout
- 1.5 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1.3 litres Hot Vegetable Stock
- 4 tbsp Glenilen Farm Natural Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Mint
- Heat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Prep garlic and peel and dice vegetables into2cm chunks.
- Tip all the vegetables and the garlic into a roasting tin/ oven proof dish. Season and sprinkle over the Ras el Hanout. Drizzle over the oil and mix well.
- Roast vegetables for 30-35 mins, turning the halfway through, until they are tender and starting to caramelise.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large pot or pan, pour over the hot stock and simmer uncovered for 10 mins.
- Allow the soup to cool to a safe temperature and then purée in a food processor or with a hand blender, until smooth, taste and season as appropriate.
- Serve warmed through with a dollop of Glenilen Farm Natural yoghurt, a grinding of black pepper and a little fresh mint (optional) and some brown bread.