Simple Butter Chicken
Our easy butter chicken recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 500 g Chicken Thighs (Skinless and Boneless)
For the Marinade
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 200 g Glenilen Farm Natural Yoghurt
For the Curry
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Green Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 300 ml Chicken Stock
To Serve (Optional)
- Cooked Basmati Rice
- Easy Flatbreads
- Mango Chutney
- Lime Wedges
- In a bowl, add the marinade ingredients together and stir until combined.
- Cut the chicken into bit sized pieces and toss into the marinade until cover completely. Let the marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- In a large, non- stick saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry off the onion, garlic, green chilli and ginger. Fry for 8-10 minutes until onions are soft and brown.
- Add the tomato puree and the spices to the pan for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and marinated chicken to the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the leftover marinade to the saucepan and let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice, lime wedges and mango chutney and Easy Flatbread.